Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Kelly / Kempker, Shame

This is the book I was reading on the train.



The dustcover, which I removed before setting out on my journey, says it is a collaboration in which the two authors communicated by e-mail for two years (writing in their own languages) about shame 'at its most personal, prosaic, intimate ... most generic, couched, poetic and hallucinatory'. (Unlike many blurbs, this is very accurate). I will continue reading on another train journey tomorrow, but Ron Silliman has read it already.

Actually, it's a double collaboration as the book is also being published in Germany by Engeler Urs. In the US, Shame is published by McPherson & Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Please email me at steve dot mitchelmore at gmail dot com.

Blog Archive

Contact steve dot mitchelmore at gmail.com. Powered by Blogger.